View our physiotherapists
Learn more about the clinicians involved in our clinic
Why choose MQ Health
Integrated healthcare produces better outcomes for patients
Due to COVID-19 Telehealth is available, where appropriate
Adopting a patient- and family-centred approach
We work in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team, as appropriate, to optimise your child’s movement, function and quality of life.
The Paediatric Serviceadopts a patient- and family-centred approach to the management of developmental, musculoskeletal, and neurological conditions that can affect babies, children and adolescents.
Our approach to physiotherapy treatment is evidence- and science-based. Treatment is based on your child’s presentation as well as your child's and family’s goals and is customised to address these needs.
Treatment may include:
- developmental assessment and interventions
- motor relearning and functional activities
- specific strengthening and/or endurance exercise programs
- casting and splinting
- group exercise classes (eg Towards Toddling)
Physiotherapy treatment can be delivered in our clinic, in your home or at Macquarie University Sports and Aquatic Centre (including hydrotherapy). Your child's physiotherapist can also visit your child’s preschool/school or other community locations, in order to support your child’s therapy program and optimise their participation.
Preparing for your child's appointment
Please bring to your child’s appointment:
- your referral letter (if applicable)
- copies of relevant recent scans (X-ray, CT, MRI) and associated reports
- copies of any relevant reports from other allied health clinicians (eg. occupational therapist, speech pathologist) or from your child’s school or preschool
- relevant health care cards (private health insurance card, or Medicare card if you are attending physiotherapy as part of a Chronic Disease Management plan*)
- your NDIS or LTCS participant number, if relevant
- an up-to-date list of your child’s current medications, vitamins and supplements
- loose fitting, comfortable clothes (e.g. shorts, singlet or t-shirt, sport shoes) for your child that will allow the physiotherapist to readily observe your child’s body and movement.
*Formerly known as an Enhanced Primary Care plan. Gap payments apply.
Your child's appointment
We allow 60 minutes for an initial appointment.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Our reception staff will ask you to complete a patient information form and will register your child as a patient of MQ Health.
Your physiotherapist will first ask you and your child (as appropriate) a series of questions about your child’s presenting condition, and will undertake an assessment.
Your physiotherapist will discuss with you their findings and what you and your child hope to achieve (your goals) through physiotherapy care. Your physiotherapist will then plan with you a program of care to help you and your child achieve these goals.
Our reception staff will process your account and organise a follow-up appointment if required. If you have private health insurance with ‘extras’ cover, you may able to claim your rebate at the time of consultation through HICAPS. Accounts are payable at the time of consultation.
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment. Any feedback is welcome and can be provided on the form available at our reception desk.