Why choose MQ Health
Integrated health care produces better outcomes for patients
Macquarie University Hospital
Integrating clinical practice with research and education
Grow your nursing career with MQ Health
At MQ Health, we're passionate about recruiting talented nurses who share our vision for patient-centred care. We offer many opportunities for nurses who want to progress their careers and learn new skills.
Nurses choose to join and stay with MQ Health because we offer a range of benefits and career opportunities, including:
- Diverse specialties – work with industry-leading clinicians and researchers in a wide range of specialty areas, from neurosurgical nursing to orthopaedic, cardiothoracic, intensive care and general practice nurses.
- Theatre Nurse Development Pathways – join our scrub/scout development program and advance your knowledge and skill in a range of complex procedures using state-of-the-art technology.
- Clinical career progression – whether your passion is management, research or education, we're dedicated to finding you a secondment or promotion opportunity that suits your long-term career goals.
- Academy Nurse Education and Research – the Academy of Nurse Education and Research was formed in 2021 as an entity of MQ Health Nursing.
The Academy Nurse Education and Research supports the development of the MQ Health nursing workforce to ensure high quality nursing care. The Academy will facilitate opportunities for nurses within MQ Health to:
- lead clinical improvement projects and translational nursing
- develop expertise across a range of clinical and perioperative specialties
- engage with a structured career plan by choosing a defined clinical, education or managerial development pathway.
With modern, state-of-the-art facilities and attractive salary packaging, we're an ideal choice for career-driven nurses who are looking for a thriving, diverse professional environment.
Clinical Nurse Specialist career development pathway
MQ Health supports all registered nurses to advance in their careers via a standardised Clinical Nurse Specialist development pathway.
Our 18 month Aspire@MQHealth Program comprises a range of in-house short modules that have been developed to support all nurses on their chosen career pathway. These include:
- Preceptorship in Practice module
- Teamwork in Practice module
- Clinical Practice Improvement module
- Two elective modules related to a subject area of interest.
Last updated: 08 Aug 2022